Czech 10th seed Karolina Pliskova outplayed Serena Williams to reach the US Open final and end the American’s reign as world number one.
Williams, 34, double faulted on match point to give Pliskova a 6-2 7-6 (7-5) win, and she will face Angelique Kerber or Carolina Wozniacki in the final.
The result guarantees that Germany’s Kerber will overtake Williams at the top of the rankings after the US Open.
Williams had also hoped to win an Open-era record 23rd major singles title.
She remains tied with Steffi Graf for both Grand Slam titles, and the WTA record of 186 weeks at the top of the rankings.
Regina Daniels showcases her new Mercedes Brabus on Instagram
Nollywood teen actress, Regina Daniels is now a new owner of a Mercedes Brabus and she has showed it off...
Ghanaian Actor Prince David Osei attacks Gays And Lesbians
Actor Prince David Osei, took to social media to call out gays and lesbians over what he regarded as an...
Stunning photos of Jordyn Woods from her hotel room in Nigeria
American model, Jordyn Woods, who is currently in Nigeria took to her Instagram page to share these stunning photos of...
I am struggling vocally, says Waje
One of Nigeria’s leading female songstress, Waje, has revealed that she is struggling vocally at the moment. In a candid...
- Wolves heap more away-day pain on stumbling Arsenal April 25, 2019
- EPL: Manchester City go back top, beat United 2-0 April 25, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 25 April 2019 by Dr. Paul Enenche April 25, 2019
- Open Heaven 25 April 2019 – There Is Work To Do April 24, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 25 April 2019 – Can You Handle This? April 24, 2019