The National Commission For Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons has Condemned the forceful return of Nigerian refugees from Cameroon which is against international laws.
The Federal Commissioner, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq, in a statement, said it is unfortunate that Cameroon has continued forceful return of Nigerian refugees even after signing the Tripartite agreement with Nigeria and the UN which seeks to ensure the safety, proper handling as well as voluntary return of Nigerian refugees who are in that country following the Boko Haram crises.
She stated that, the parties agreed to provide people wishing to return with clear information on the situation prevailing in their areas of return in order to make a well informed and voluntary decision.
She urges Cameroon to respect and observe the international protection principles. While restating the commitment of the National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally displaced Persons to the protection of its persons of concern,the Federal Commissioner, also expresses readiness to facilitate their return in safety and dignity.
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019