DCLM Daily Manna Devotional August 12, 2017
Topic: Man’s Wickedness
Bible Text: Genesis 6:1-7
Key Verse: “And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Genesis 6:5).
MESSAGE: Robert Louis Stevenson, in “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,” set forth the irreverent nature of wickedness in human nature. Jekyll discovered a drug that would transform him into a man devoid of any conscience and therefore able to enjoy any vice or sin. Jekyll named this monster Hyde.
Any time Jekyll wanted to become this monster, he would simply take the drug. Then when he wanted to return to being Jekyll, he took the drug again. But after a time, the desire to be Mr. Hyde overruled the desire to be Dr. Jekyll, and he could not recover himself. This is an apt illustration of the unlimited capability of man to grow in evil and wickedness.
Just like Mr. Hyde eventually subdued Dr. Jekyll, wickedness has a way of bringing ruin on man. The text gives the story of the fallen man and the abounding nature of his wickedness. Here, a generation grew numerically while multiplying in wickedness. The wickedness of man was linked to the ungodliness of his imaginations. It is particularly sad to note that the negative imagination of man’s heart was continuous.
Till date, man’s imagination is still evil. What God saw in the heart of man was evil and it must be dealt with, otherwise it would continue to grow. God sent a flood at the time of Noah in order to curb the raging wickedness of the time. He sent fire to halt the wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah. And He is equally determined to bring an end to the current wicked world soon.
Noah refused to buy into the wicked lifestyle of the people of his generation. He was different and as a result, grace sustained him throughout the flood. Wise men and women will seek Jesus in order to escape the inevitable flood of wrath from God that would consume this world.
Thought for the day: It is better to be safe than to be sorry.
Bible Reading in one Year: Jeremiah 22-24
DCLM Daily Manna Devotional was written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, the Founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry.
- High Court orders immediate release of Orji Uzor Kalu June 2, 2020
- Regina Daniels bare baby bump photos June 2, 2020
- Singer Davido fractures his leg uses crutches (Photos) June 2, 2020
- President Buhari issues fresh directives to DSS, Army, Police June 2, 2020
- Our Daily Bread 3rd June 2020 Devotional – Sacred Gathering June 2, 2020
- Age is Just a Number Full Story, Plot, Cast
- Live Daily Mass 1 June 2020 St Peter & Paul's Church, Ireland
- Winners' Chapel 1st June 2020 Live Service
- Deception 2 June 2020 Update
- Deception 4 June 2020 Update - Season finale
- If a woman sleeps with her brother-in law, it is not cheating” – Pastor Veronica
- Our Daily Bread 1st June 2020 - Needing His Leading
- Winners' Chapel 7 Days Fasting & Prayer Day 1 - 1st June 2020
- Twist of Fate 2 June 2020 Update
- Age is Just a Number 3 June 2020 Update
FEATURED NEWS23 hours ago
Live Event with NASA Astronauts in Space
LIVE STREAMING23 hours ago
Holy Mass and Eucharistic Adoration 1 June 2020 Divine Retreat Centre Ramsgate, UK
LIVE STREAMING22 hours ago
Winners’ Chapel 7 Days Fasting & Prayer Day 1 – 1st June 2020
DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON9 hours ago
Joel Osteen Devotional 2nd June 2020 Tuesday – Don’t Let Bitter Seeds Take Root
DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON1 day ago
Joel Osteen Devotional 1st June 2020 – Keep Your Joy
LIVE STREAMING1 day ago
Live Daily Mass 1 June 2020 St Peter & Paul’s Church, Ireland
LATEST NEWS1 day ago
Trump taken to underground bunker in white house over protests
FEATURED NEWS1 day ago
Breaking: Oshiomhole, Secondus and others hold meeting with INEC ahead of Edo, Ondo poll