Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State will on Thursday, formally declare his intention to contest for the position of president of
Nigeria in 2019, under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The event is billed for the Golden Hall, Chelsea Hotel, Abuja at 11am.
Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications and News Media, Lere Olayinka, said that Governor Fayose, in a letter addressed to leaders of the PDP, declared that his ambition to be president was without prejudice to the party’s position, but in the overall interest of the party and Nigeria.
The letter read; “It is with deep sense of responsibility that I write to inform you of my intention to seek the ticket/mandate of our party to contest the 2019 Presidential election, considering your support and commitment towards our great party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) it becomes imperative to keep you informed and seek your support.
“This ambition however is without prejudice to our party’s position, but in the overall interest of the party and our country.
“I urge that all hands should be on deck to ensure victory at the 2019 presidential election.
“Accept the assurances of my highest regards as a determined presidential hopeful.”
On his chances if fielded by the PDP, Governor Fayose said; “I have penchant for taking powers; that one in Buhari’s hand, I will take it. I’m going straight to that Villa. I’m the next president.”
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019