Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional September 27, 2017
Topic: Learn to Wait
Key Verse: The LORD your God is in your midst, a Warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with joy; He will be quiet in His love [making no mention of your past sins], He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy. – Zephaniah 3:17 (AMP)
MESSAGE: People often ask me, “How can I know for sure whether I’m hearing from God or just making things up?”
I believe the answer is to learn to wait. With big decisions, we often feel the need to hurry. We must do something and do it right now! But godly wisdom tells us to wait until we have a clear picture of what we are to do and when we are to do it.
We all need to develop the capacity to take a step back and view every situation from God’s perspective. Only then can we make decisions the way He wants us to.
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional Messages: Manage Your Emotions
Strength is found in waiting. When you wait upon the Lord, you can sense in your spirit what the Lord actually wants you to do…not what you think He wants you to do.
When you are faced with any difficult decision, it is wise to wait until you have a clear answer before taking a step you may regret. It might feel uncomfortable and you may want to hurry, but don’t allow that pressure to take precedence over the wisdom and knowledge of God.
PRAYER: Lord, I don’t want to get so caught up in the heat of the moment that I make a decision I regret. Remind me to daily wait on You. It might be difficult, but receiving Your wisdom and knowledge is worth it. Amen!
This Daily Devotional Messages was written by Joyce Meyer, the Founder of Joyce Meyer Ministries.
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019