Six members of a family, on Monday were found dead at their home in the southern Indian city of Madurai in an apparent suicide pact over debt.
Veera Rao and administration official say two more family members were rescued from their residence in a critical state and were being treated at a hospital. The family which ran a school, committed suicide by consuming poison and police found a suicide note that said they were under a huge loan default, Rao added.
The family, in the suicide note, asked authorities to sell their property to help settle the dues. Police were investigating if the family was under pressure from any private money lenders because Madurai is notorious for unscrupulous money-lenders in spite a state-government ban and local media has reported on a number of cases of harassment by money-lenders.
- Rhapsody of Realities 22 February 2019 – Endless Prosperity February 21, 2019
- Open Heaven 22 February 2019 – The Blessedness of being Forgiven February 21, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 22 February 2019 – Futility Of Worldly Wisdom February 21, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 22 February 2019 Devotional – He Holds Our Hand February 21, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 22 February 2019 – The Enemy Deceives Us Scripture February 21, 2019