Billy Graham Daily Devotional October 8, 2017
Topic: How to Love
Key Verse: These things I command you, that ye love one another. —John 15:17
MESSAGE:How are we to love? We are to love as God loves us . . . we are to show acceptance and appreciation . . . [to] accept each other as God accepts us.
Billy Graham Daily Devotional Messages: A Daily Process
Too many parents refuse to accept and appreciate their children for what they are. That is why a million American children ran away from home last year.
A team of Yale researchers has concluded that the majority of these runaways were attempting to escape an unhappy family situation. They yearned to be appreciated.
The causes of delinquency, we are told, are broken homes, poverty, lack of recreational facilities, poor physical health, racism, working mothers, and so on . . . The experts never seem to mention the lack of love, or the lack of faith in God. Yet these are the two most important elements for an adolescent’s successful maturity.
How long has it been since you praised your children instead of criticizing them? David prayed for Solomon and daily praised him, and we are to praise our children daily.
Billy Graham Daily Devotional Messages: Our Defeated Foe
Praise your wife. I have found that praise goes a lot further than criticism. Everybody needs to be appreciated.
Prayer for the day: It is so easy to criticize those close to me; but Lord, give me Your unreserved love so that they may know how deeply I appreciate them.
Today’s Daily Devotional Messages was written by Billy Graham, the Founder of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. (BGEA)
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019