BIAFRA UPDATE – The Movement for the Actualisation of a Sovereign State of Biafra has condemned a fresh military invasion of the home of Eze Israel Kanu, the father of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, at Afara Ukwu, Abia State.
In a statement in Awka, Anambra State, on Monday by MASSOB’s National Director of Information, Samuel Edeson, it described the attack as primitive and cowardly.
The group said no amount of such intimidation would stop Biafran agitators from continuing with the struggle, adding that President Muhammadu Buhari “cannot destroy the Biafran consciousness.”
It wondered why the army would continue to unleash “such primitive and brutal attacks on non-violent Biafran agitators.”
Edeson described the act as a “sign of jittery, cowardice and Buhari’s government’s frustration on the eloquent consciousness and realities of Biafra freedom which is being appreciated and acknowledged by international community.”
But MASSOB, in its statement on Monday, maintained that there was no amount of force that could crush the Biafran ideology.
The statement read in part, “MASSOB and other pro-Biafran agitators are not cowed or intimidated by these sheer acts of overzealousness and ethnic hatred of the people of Biafra by the Hausa-Fulani dominated Nigeria security apparatuses.
“Even in these persecutions, arrests, extrajudicial killings, subjections and detentions of non-violent pro-Biafran agitators, we shall continue to maintain our non-violent principles.
“MASSOB and other pro-Biafran groups are the political masqueraders of Ndigbo. We shall continue to be the pride of Ndigbo, upholding the vision of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.”
MASSOB called on the South-East governors to be wary and sensitive on Biafra issues in order not to fall into “the political trap of the Hausa-Fulani intimidation through President Buhari.”
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019