Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional October 8, 2017
Topic: Worry Is Selfishness In Disguise
Key Verse: So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.- Matthew 6:34
MESSAGE: Too often, people give in to worry without realizing how destructive it is. When you get to the root of it, worry is a sin. Worry certainly doesn’t come out of faith, and Romans 14:23 states that whatever does not originate and proceed from faith is sin.
Most of the time, worry is based on one sin in particular: selfishness. Usually when we worry, we’re concerned about how our selfish desires are not being fulfilled. The more selfish desires you have, the more you have to worry about, and the more complicated your life becomes.
God wants us to simply focus on serving Him.
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional Messages: Why We Ask “Why?”
It is God’s will that we live our lives free from all anxiety and distressing care. He wants us to be free to serve Him without being drawn in diverging directions (1 Corinthians 7:34). We must not allow the worries of this world to divert us from His purpose for our lives.
Pray for God to help you recognize and get rid of selfish desires. This will keep your life simple and help you overcome worry. Then you can wholeheartedly pursue God’s great plan for your life.
PRAYER: Father God, thank You for showing me that worry is a sin. Help me to get rid of my selfish, ungodly desires so I can simply pursue Your destiny for me.
Today’s Daily Devotional Messages was written by Joyce Meyer, the Founder of Joyce Meyer Ministries.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019