At least 59 people are dead after a gunman opened fire at the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas – the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.
The number of people wounded in the unprecedented hail of gunfire was listed at 527.
The 64-year-old shooter, Stephen Paddock, killed himself after spraying bullets through broken windows in two hotel rooms on the 32nd floor.
Crowds were enjoying the Route 91 Harvest country music festival when the massacre unfolded.
The first victims have been identified, and they include a hero police officer, a school secretary and an apprentice on holiday.
Meanwhile, the gunman’s brother has told of his family’s shock, saying: “Something happened, he snapped or something.”
It has emerged that Paddock, a “wealthy” real estate investor who lived in a retirement community, had at least 20 guns in the hotel rooms, including two rifles with scopes on tripods positioned at the broken windows. (Mirror)
- Davido hails Osun election tribunal judgement, says ‘Mandate returned’ March 22, 2019
- Breaking: Tribunal declares PDP’s Adeleke winner of 2018 Osun Gov election March 22, 2019
- INEC cancels rerun election in Niger, declares PDP candidate winner March 22, 2019
- Singer Rihanna latest hot photos March 22, 2019
- Joyce Meyer Devotional 22 March 2019 – Thoughts of the Heart March 22, 2019