A 25-year-old indigene of Lagos State, Ibrahim Olalekan Badmus has been allegedly killed in South Africa.
Channels TV reports that an eyewitness, who is a Congolese and flat-mate of the deceased, Steve Lumbwe, said, “I found Omo (the deceased), my tenant on handcuff. There was a plastic where they put paper spray on him.
“I asked the police ‘why are you doing this to him’? They said he’s a drug dealer, he must take out the drug and I was like ‘no, he doesn’t sell drugs’.
“My tenant was on handcuff and he started calling ‘Steve, I can’t breathe’. I started fighting with them and tried to help the guy but the other one (police officer) took me out as well.
“So when I went back inside, Omo was sleeping, looking at them and the police officers were like ‘he just fainted’ that they would call the ambulance,” Lumbwe added.
Confirming the death, Nigeria`s Consul General (CG) in South Africa, Godwin Adama, said that Badmus was allegedly killed on Tuesday at Vaal Vreneging, near Johannesburg.
He said: “Information at our disposal said that the deceased was killed by a South African police officer.
“I led a delegation from the mission to visit the scene on receipt of the information. When we arrived the scene, the place was tensed up because Nigerians there were not happy.
“We immediately met with the Station Commander in the area with some selected Nigerians. The police assured that a thorough investigation would be carried out.
“The investigation will be done by the Independent Police Investigating Department,” he said.
According to Adama, an autopsy will be carried out while investigation on the killing is on.
Badmus’ killing occurred less than a week after Jelili Omoyele, a 35 year–old cellular phone technician was shot dead at Doornfontein, near Johannesburg.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019