The Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, David Umahi has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari assured him of addressing problems facing the region while they were in New York for United Nations summit.
He said this while fielding questions from Sun regarding agitations for the actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra and the recent proscription of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
Umahi said, “I had private discussion with Mr. President in New York and I want to assure the South-Easterners that the President will address all our problems.
“Nigeria is going to see peace. We are stronger when we are bigger. Let me also tell our people that we are playing too much politics. It is only in the South-East that you see petitions that they are piling in the EFCC. Everything is now about politics and we left our hard work for politics.
“I want to thank the Governors of South-East and the North for their efforts in ending the ugly incident that occurred recently. Let me assure Nigerians that Mr. President has heard you and he is going to address all the issues raised.
“There is no need to continue insulting our leaders and abusing other tribes. No need trying to pose danger to the existence of our people. We are not untrustworthy people. We are very, very trustworthy. We are hardworking and well cultured people and so, we have made our points.”
- Bayelsa Assembly: PDP wins additional seat March 24, 2019
- PDP forms majority in Adamawa Assembly March 24, 2019
- Samuel Ortom of PDP declared winner of Benue governorship election March 24, 2019
- Bala Mohammed of PDP wins Bauchi supplementary poll March 24, 2019
- Sokoto guber: INEC announces Tambuwal of PDP winner of governorship election March 24, 2019