A Swiss humanitarian worker who disappeared outside her home in Sudan’s troubled Darfur region on Friday is believed to have been abducted by a Sudanese criminal gang. Authorities have intensified the search in and around the city of al-Fashir and believe the gang is looking for a ransom.
According to North Darfur’s Deputy Governor Mohamed Birama who spoke to Reuters on Monday, ‘we expect that she will be found very soon,” he said.
Meanwhile Switzerland has called for a rapid and unconditional release of the woman but did not give any other details about her.
- Breaking: Many declared missing as herdsmen strike in Benue February 22, 2019
- Lagos high court orders Jay-Jay Okocha arrest February 22, 2019
- Blac Chyna blasts Soulja Boy, calls him a clout chaser February 22, 2019
- Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche releases new single ‘Oh Prince of Peace’ [DOWNLOAD] February 22, 2019
- Senior chief pilot filmed sleeping at controls of plane (video) February 22, 2019