A Swiss humanitarian worker who disappeared outside her home in Sudan’s troubled Darfur region on Friday is believed to have been abducted by a Sudanese criminal gang. Authorities have intensified the search in and around the city of al-Fashir and believe the gang is looking for a ransom.
According to North Darfur’s Deputy Governor Mohamed Birama who spoke to Reuters on Monday, ‘we expect that she will be found very soon,” he said.
Meanwhile Switzerland has called for a rapid and unconditional release of the woman but did not give any other details about her.
- Burna Boy and Stefflon Don in new loved up video February 17, 2019
- Pope defrocks Cardinal Theodore McCarrick over sex abuse allegations February 17, 2019
- BBNaija’s Khloe offers accommodation to stranded youth corpers around Lekki February 17, 2019
- Don’t vote for Buhari, he looks sick – Afia Schwarzenegger tells Nigerians February 17, 2019
- Man fights PHCN official with machete over light disconnection in Lagos (Watch Video) February 17, 2019