A United States of America based human rights group called “Rapid Response Fact-Finding Mission (RRFFM)” has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately withdraw troops from the south-east zone of the country
The group also told the President to consult with the various state governors in the region on the necessity or otherwise of military operations and deployment of soldiers in the area.
RRFFM also urged the International Criminal Court, ICC to investigate alleged cases of human rights abuses meted out to the people.
“The President of Nigeria should stand down the troops in the southeast till their mission scope is clearly defined and clarified and necessary legal benchmarks for deployment are met or better still redeploy them to northern Nigeria where on the Niger side of the border terrorists suspected to be Boko Haram killed 4 American troops last week.
Read More: Vanguard
- Bayelsa Assembly: PDP wins additional seat March 24, 2019
- PDP forms majority in Adamawa Assembly March 24, 2019
- Samuel Ortom of PDP declared winner of Benue governorship election March 24, 2019
- Bala Mohammed of PDP wins Bauchi supplementary poll March 24, 2019
- Sokoto guber: INEC announces Tambuwal of PDP winner of governorship election March 24, 2019