DCLM Daily Manna Devotional 20th December 2017 – Pastor W.F. Kumuyi
Topic: Strength in Weakness
Bible Text: Psalm 119:137-144
Key Verse: “Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights” (Psalm 119:143).
MESSAGE: Those who would not serve God in difficult or tough times would have much to learn from the Psalmist in our reading today. Those who remember to praise their Creator only when the going is good are still miles away from understanding the dynamics of the Kingdom of God the way the Psalmist did.
It is only those who do not falter in the days of trouble that enjoy an even relationship with God. This is the sum of the Psalmist’s experience. It is also the story of the sincere follower of the Lord.
The writer of the psalm, guided by the Holy Spirit, first establishes the fact that God is righteous in both what He does and in the laws He issues to instruct man. He asserts the point that God is faithful in His dealings with man. He then proceeds to declare that “Thy word is very pure: therefore, thy servant loveth it” (verse 140).
Once we admit all these sacred truths, it follows that we would serve God and honour Him under any condition. It is the reason the psalmist is “small and despised yet do not I forget thy precepts,” even when others have forgotten God’s commandments (verse 139).
The true believer in Jesus Christ would not abandon God to “follow a multitude to do evil” (Exodus 23:2). He would not succumb to immoral practices or absorb the doctrines of unrighteousness even if he is the last man standing on the matter of holiness.
Obeying God’s injunctions during trials, temptations and persecution would be a thing of joy for the Christian whose focus is on heaven. It will not be the time to make ourselves unavailable for the work in the Lord’s vineyard.”
Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights” (verse 143). This should be the testimony of every Christian who is conscious of the fact that he is a pilgrim here.
Thought for the day: Mighty is he whose strength is God’s law.
Bible Reading in one Year: Revelation 21-22
DCLM Daily Manna Devotional Messages was written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi, the Founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministries.
- Biden attacks Trump for invoking George Floyd June 6, 2020
- Trump invokes George Floyd’s name while taking economic victory lap June 6, 2020
- Rhapsody of Realities 6th June 2020 – He Has Quenched Your Thirst June 6, 2020
- Seeds of Destiny 6th June 2020 – Connecting The Nature of God Through Prayer June 6, 2020
- Our Daily Bread Saturday 6th June 2020 – Found on the Edges June 5, 2020
- Age is Just a Number Full Story, Plot, Cast
- Twist of Fate 6th June 2020 Update
- Twist of Fate 5th June 2020 Update
- Age is Just a Number 5th June 2020 Update
- Our Daily Bread 5th June 2020 Devotional - Useful Temptation
- Winners’ Chapel 5th June 2020 Covenant Hour of Prayer
- Family Affairs Full Story, Plot Summary, Casts, Teasers - StarLife
- Live Daily Mass 5th June 2020 Friday St Peter & Paul’s Church Ireland
- This is Fate 6th June 2020 Update
- Gangaa 5th June 2020 Update
- ZEE WORLD UPDATES1 day ago
Twist of Fate 5th June 2020 Update
- LIVE STREAMING4 days ago
Holy Mass and Eucharistic Adoration 1 June 2020 Divine Retreat Centre Ramsgate, UK
- ZEE WORLD UPDATES7 hours ago
Twist of Fate 6th June 2020 Update
- ZEE WORLD UPDATES1 day ago
Age is Just a Number 5th June 2020 Update
- FEATURED NEWS4 days ago
Live Event with NASA Astronauts in Space
- FEATURED NEWS1 day ago
Watch George Floyd’s memorial service held in Minneapolis
- DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON4 days ago
Joel Osteen Devotional 2nd June 2020 Tuesday – Don’t Let Bitter Seeds Take Root
- FEATURED NEWS5 days ago
Breaking: Oshiomhole, Secondus and others hold meeting with INEC ahead of Edo, Ondo poll