This is unbelievable. A hunter has been fatally shot by his own dog in a freak accident in Russia. The 64-year-old man, who local media identified as Sergei Terekhov, had gone hunting with his brother in a remote area in the Saratov region near the Volga river, according to the regional investigative committee.
The tragic turn of events occurred when Mr Terekhov went to let two Estonian hounds out of his Lada car. Quoting an investigator, local news site Region 64 reported that Mr Terekhov’s double-barrelled shotgun had been resting against his knee and was pointing toward him.
As his brother looked on, one of the dogs jumped toward Mr Terekhov and hit the trigger with its paw, discharging the gun into the hunter’s abdomen.
His brother drove him to the hospital, but he died of his wounds on the way.
A pretty experienced hunter died,” investigator Alexander Galanin said. “He was sober and had a gun licence. Everything was in order. It was an accident.”
Photographs from Mr Terekhov’s page on the Odnoklassniki social network showed he was an avid sportsman who loved hunting rabbits. In one of them, he posed next to two rabbit carcasses with a shotgun and a dog.
- Groups list what Ihedioha must do to Gov. Okorocha March 25, 2019
- Nina fires shot on Instagram after Alex and Tobi sex scandal March 25, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 25 March 2019 – The Spirit of Fika March 25, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 25th March 2019 – A Balanced Diet March 25, 2019
- 25th March 2019 Seeds of Destiny – Discerning the Voice of God March 25, 2019