Ten people died and 10 others were seriously injured in a road accident which occurred around 11.30am on Thursday in Majiya town in the Taura Local Government Area of Jigawa State.
The spokesman for the Jigawa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, DSC Adamu Shehu, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria in Dutse saying the accident involved a Sharon bus with registration number GWL 262 ZA and a Toyota Hilux van with number plate ZY 749 AGL.
Shehu said the cause of the accident had yet to be ascertained, but “our men who conducted a rescue mission along with some good Samaritans in the area, attributed the cause to speeding and loss of control. As of the time of giving this report, 10 people were confirmed dead; they include two children, one woman and seven men. Ten others also sustained serious injuries and were rushed to the Ringim General Hospital for prompt medical attention” he said.
- Bayelsa Assembly: PDP wins additional seat March 24, 2019
- PDP forms majority in Adamawa Assembly March 24, 2019
- Samuel Ortom of PDP declared winner of Benue governorship election March 24, 2019
- Bala Mohammed of PDP wins Bauchi supplementary poll March 24, 2019
- Sokoto guber: INEC announces Tambuwal of PDP winner of governorship election March 24, 2019