BENUE – Suspected members of Fulani herdsmen have killed two staff of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC.
Source gathered that the officers identified as Adams Godwin and Abah Patrick, were killed in Awange near Kasseyo Town in Guma LGA of the state Monday evening.
Guma is the hometown of the current governor of the state, Samuel Ortom.
The incident came barely 24 hours after state Police Command announced the murder of one of its officers recently kidnapped by suspected Fulani herdsmen in the state.
The assailants after killing him; removed his vital organs.
Confirming the incident to DAILY POST, NSCDC Benue Command Public Relations Officer, PRO, Peter Adakole, said his men also killed some members of the killer herdsmen.
He said, “Awange village was attacked and our men were deployed to defend the village and in the process we lost two of them.
“They also killed some of the herdsmen.”
He said their bodies have been deposited at the mortuary at the moment.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019