Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, has cautioned Nigerian Army and the Police Force to stop the blame game and take responsibility for failing to stop the abduction of 110 schoolgirls in Dapchi, Yobe State.
Dogara in a statement made available by his special adviser on Media & Public Affairs, Turaki Hassan said the buck-passing between the Nigerian Army and the Nigeria Police Force was unacceptable.
Dogara stated that rather than trading blames, the various security agencies should strengthen inter-agency collaboration and intensify efforts towards rescuing the girls.
The statement read “The statements credited to the Army and the Police in which they tried to exonerate themselves from any culpability in the unfortunate and embarrassing abduction of innocent girls from their school in Dapchi , Yobe State, is highly condemnable.
“This is unacceptable and the House of Representatives, and indeed Nigerians, will hold the security agencies responsible. They all bear responsibility for this unfortunate incident.
“The traumatic experience of the Chibok abduction which is still fresh in our minds should have served as a warning signal to security agencies to provide adequate security protection to all schools in the North East.
“I want to use this medium to console the parents of the abducted girls and the entire Dapchi community over this unfortunate incident.
“I also urge all Nigerians and people of goodwill from all over to pray for the safe return of the girls”.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019