Recep Tayyip Erdogan was delivering a speech at his ruling party’s congress in the city of Kahramanmaras on Saturday when he spotted tearful six-year-old Amine Tiras. He asked for her to be brought on stage and when she joined him, he kissed her on the cheeks to comfort her.
He then said to the crowd: “She has the Turkish flag in her pocket. If she becomes a martyr, God willing, this flag will be draped on her.”
Another said: “you don’t wish death for a child, you never say: ‘God willing’.”
In recent weeks, children dressed in commando uniforms or reciting nationalist poems have been making appearances in many events attended by the president. Yasar Okutan, a former government minister, accused Erdogan in a television interview of using children to increase votes in presidential and local elections in 2019. He questioned whether the president would have made the statement about being “martyred” to his own granddaughter.
- DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2019- Pyrrhic Or Permanent Victory? March 23, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 24 March 2019 – The Endless Love of God March 23, 2019
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 24 March 2019 – Obey Today March 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 24 March 2019 – Singing in the Spirit March 23, 2019
- Open Heaven 24 March 2019 – The Word Prospers March 23, 2019