At least 16 people were killed and dozens more injured after lightning struck a Seventh-Day Adventist church in Rwanda, a local official said Sunday.
Fourteen victims were killed on the spot as lightning hit the church in the Nyaruguru district in the Southern Province on Saturday, local mayor Habitegeko Francois told AFP over the phone.
Two others died later from their injuries, he said.
He added that 140 people involved in the incident had been rushed to hospital and district health centres, but that many had already been discharged.
“Doctors say that only three of them are in critical condition but they are getting better,” he said.
According to the mayor, a similar accident took place on Friday when lightning struck a group of 18 students, killing one of them.
- Reality star Erica Mena’s ex-boyfriend Cliff Dixon shot & killed in Atlanta March 21, 2019
- Latasha Ngwube shares video from a ‘waxing’ session of her private part March 21, 2019
- Porsha Williams flaunts her baby bump in stunning bikini photos March 21, 2019
- Singer Amara La Negra shows off her backside in snakeskin bodysuit (Photos) March 21, 2019
- Doctor sedates, rapes, married patient in Sokoto March 21, 2019