Authorities of the Department of State Services (DSS) have detained Independent Newspapers’ Abuja Bureau Chief, Tony Ezimakor.
Ezimakor was invited and detained on Wednesday, February 28, at the DSS Headquarters in Abuja at about 10.30a.m. and has been kept in detention since then.
Ezimakor was reportedly shunted from one office to the other and asked to wait for a particular officer who was said to have been away from his office.
According to reports, management of the media organization where he works had made frantic efforts through its lawyer, Douglas Ekhator since Wednesday to see the detained Ezimakor but with little success. As at Thursday, no news has been received about Ezimakor, though the lawyer, (Ekhator), returned to the DSS office on Thursday morning.
Family sources said that Ezimakor is a high blood pressure patient who apart from taking his drugs, needs to see his doctors at very short notice. Ezimakor’s wife said the husband left home on Wednesday without medication and did not eat any food before leaving home. She lamented that her husband’s health must be in grave danger, especially as DSS operatives have denied him access to his prescribed drugs.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019