After scores of women accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault, police in New York are finally ready to arrest the media mogul.
Weinstein, 65, has been accused of sexual harassment, assault and rape by around 100 women, including from global stars Rose McGowan, Asia Argento, Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow, since October 2017 when revelations first broke. Some allegations date back to the 1980s. Weinstein denies all allegations of non-consensual sex.
There are police inquiries ongoing in LA, New York and London as regards the sexual assault allegations. Officers in New York have been investigating allegations against Weinstein for months and have handed their case files to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, the Daily Beast reports. The movie mogul will finally be put in handcuffs and see the inside of a jail cell once Mr Vance gives approval for charges.
“We’re ready to go with an arrest,” Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told The Daily Beast. “We are still accumulating evidence.”
He added: “It’s going very, very well. We have a lot of information. We have a lot of information that we handed over to the grand jury. I would ask you to talk to (New York County District Attorney) Cy Vance.”
According to police sources, the NYPD has been investigating five separate sexual assault allegations against Weinstein. The case authorities reportedly feel is particularly strong is of college student and aspiring actress Lucia Evans, who said she was forced to perform oral sex on Weinstein in 2004 in his Tribeca office in London even though she repeatedly told him “no.”
Evans first revealed her story to The New Yorker, during which she said she told Weinstein “over and over” “I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t.”
The reports come after the attorney general who filed a lawsuit against Weinstein claimed the case is one of the most despicable he has ever worked on. Eric Schneiderman filed the suit against the Hollywood producer and the Weinstein Co last month following an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct.
In a BBC Panorama show on Thursday, the New York attorney general claimed there was “not one formal investigation” by the Weinstein Co into the producer’s behaviour despite “lots of complaints”. The 60-minute BBC film, produced with PBS Frontline, builds a picture of Weinstein through interviews with alleged victims, former colleagues and Hollywood figures.
Paul Webster, former head of production of Miramax, said he “didn’t have the guts” to confront Weinstein.
He said: “I think looking back that I did know and I chose to suppress it. I chose to hide from that fact. I think the deal I made with the devil was to my advantage.”
Among the alleged victims interviewed are actors Katherine Kendall and Sean Young, while Paula Wachowiak, a former intern at Miramax, recalled Weinstein laughing when she said he “disgust(ed)” her.
Model Zoe Brock told documentary makers: “I just remember feeling so small and so inconsequential and so powerless. I came out of the bathroom and he was apologising … and he started to cry. And he said something that I have never forgotten and I never will for the rest of my days, in between his tears ‘you don’t like me because I’m fat’.”
A spokeswoman for Weinstein told the film makers: “Mr Weinstein categorically denies ever engaging in any non-consensual sexual conduct with anyone and any suggestion that he acted improperly to defend himself against such claims is simply wrong.
“Nevertheless, to those offended by Mr Weinstein’s behaviour, he remains deeply apologetic. At no time has Mr Weinstein been charged with any crime and it is wrong and irresponsible to conflate clams of impolitic behaviour or consensual sexual contact later regretted, with an untrue claim of criminal conduct.
“Mr Weinstein categorically denies these claims and his lawyers will respond in the appropriate legal forum with evidence proving they are untrue.”
Miss Imo is crowned the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2018 (Video)
Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2018 – The 2018 Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) pageant came to an end last night, with Miss Imo, Anita Ukah who graduated from Igbinedion University in 2016 emerging as the new queen.
With her victory, Anita will represent Nigeria at the Miss World 2018 Pageant holding in December 8 in Sanya, China.
Miss Lagos, Aramide Oluwatobi was the First Runner-up who will represent Nigeria at the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant while the second Runner-up was Miss Edo (Danielle Jatto) who also won the award for (Best Traditional Attire) and will represent Nigeria at the Miss Tourism Beauty Pageant.
See other winners below;
Third Runner-Up was Miss Sokoto (Valentina Ogbonaya) who will represent Nigeria in Miss ECOWAS Pageant.
Fourth Runner-up was Miss Ogun (Tolulope Mary Ayanfalu)
Fifth Runner-up was Miss Kwara (Damilola Adeshina)
Miss Amity: Miss Rivers (Betty Harry)
Miss Photogenic: Miss Benue (Anna Tenna)
Best Evening Wear: Miss Plateau (Meyaroghene Ariagbobe)
MBGN Model: Miss Nasarawa (Obianuju Ononuju)
Best Traditional Outfit: Miss Edo (Daniella Jatto)
Miss Charismatic: Miss Oyo (Chiamaka Okechukwu)
Face of Select Pro: Miss Adamawa (Sandra Chisom Ndigwe)
Watch video below:
View this post on Instagram
Keke Palmer gets half-naked to show off massive new tattoo
Actress and singer, Keke Palmer, 25, has gotten a new massive tattoo on her body, and she went half naked to show off the new ink which was tattooed by Vivien Vamosi during her recent vacation in Budapest.
The tattoo which took 8 hours to complete is placed on the side of her stomach and is of flowers as well as butterflies.
Read what she wrote about her new ink.
Eight hours of pure pain. The first 5/6hrs I was completely fineeee. Handling the pain perfectly well … then IT BECAME WAYYY TO REPETITIVE. Going over the same spots repeatedly lmao omg. Lining, shading, coloring ? and I refused to break it into two sessions ?. Thank you @vivitattoos5, I love it. A wonderful memento from my time in Budapest and an awesome addition to what was once just one lone sunflower and butterflyEight hours of pure pain.
The first 5/6hrs I was completely fineeee. Handling the pain perfectly well … then IT BECAME WAYYY TO REPETITIVE. Going over the same spots repeatedly lmao omg. Lining, shading, coloring ? and I refused to break it into two sessions ?. Thank you @vivitattoos5, I love it. A wonderful memento from my time in Budapest and an awesome addition to what was once just one lone sunflower and butterfly
View this post on Instagram
Eight hours of pure pain. The first 5/6hrs I was completely fineeee. Handling the pain perfectly well … then IT BECAME WAYYY TO REPETITIVE. Going over the same spots repeatedly lmao omg. Lining, shading, coloring 😩 and I refused to break it into two sessions 😭. Thank you @vivitattoos5, I love it. A wonderful memento from my time in Budapest and an awesome addition to what was once just one lone sunflower and butterfly ❤️🙌🏾🙏🏾
Suge Knight sentenced to 28 years in prison after pleading no contest to voluntary murder
American rap mogul, Suge Knight has been sentenced to 28 years in prison after pleading no contest to voluntary manslaughter.
In January 2015, the former Death Row Records CEO was arrested and charged with murder after he was involved in a hit-and-run at a Los Angeles restaurant parking lot. Knight allegedly got into a confrontation with two men while on the set of the N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton.
According to prosecutors, Knight proceeded to follow the men to a nearby burger restaurant, where he ran over them with his car. One of the men struck, Terry Carter, died from his injuries. The other, Cle Sloan,, suffered injuries to his head and foot. Knight fled the scene of the incident before authorities arrived.
Knight, who turned 53 in April, had been facing the possibility of life in prison. His no contest plea came days before his trial was scheduled to begin on Monday (September 24). Knight will get credit for the three-and-a-half years he already served while awaiting the trial.
Aside from the murder charge, Knight was also facing a second-degree robbery charge for an incident in 2014 in which he and comedian Katt Williams are accused to have stolen a paparazzi’s camera. In 2017, he was indicted on charges of “threatening death or bodily injury” against Staight Outta Compton director F. Gary Gray, to which Knight pleaded not guilty.
Knight was previously sentenced to nine years in prison in 1997 after violating his probation stemming from an earlier assault charge. After being granted early release in 2001, he was sent back to prison in 2003 after assaulting a parking attendant.
Knight, who has experienced a series of health issues in recent years, told the judge he expects to die in prison.
SPORTS3 months ago
Photos: Peru female fans goes topless during World Cup clash against Denmark
DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON3 months ago
RCCG 21 DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS JULY 2018 [SECOND LAP]
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS5 months ago
Big Brother Naija: BBNaija 2018 Live Stream – Double Wahala
DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON2 months ago
RCCG 21 Days Fasting and Prayer Points July 2018 Day 16 (Second Lap)
TV & SHOWBIZ5 months ago
BBNaija 2018: Watch Live Sunday Eviction Show
SPORTS4 months ago
Liverpool star Roberto Firmino enjoys passionate kiss with wife Larissa Pereira on luxury yacht in Ibiza
TV & SHOWBIZ6 months ago
BBNaija 2018 Sunday Live Eviction Show Updates – Day 63
DAILY DEVOTIONAL & SERMON2 months ago
RCCG 21 Days Fasting and Prayer Points July 2018 Day 17