A leasing company called GTFM is accusing Akon of failing to pay for seven months worth of rent.
According to TMZ, the singer moved into the 66th floor of the Empire State Building back in July 2012 in order to begin working on his clothing line Aliaune Milano.
Akon reportedly paid $25K in rent each month until July 2015 when payments stopped altogether. He finally moved out of the property in January 2016, but by then he owed almost $150,000 in rent.
GTFM had sued the singer for the amount he owed, however he never responded to the lawsuit. This week, the judge issued a default judgment in the Leasing company’s favor.
Now, after all the fees attached, the payment has swelled to $164,786.99.
- Bayelsa Assembly: PDP wins additional seat March 24, 2019
- PDP forms majority in Adamawa Assembly March 24, 2019
- Samuel Ortom of PDP declared winner of Benue governorship election March 24, 2019
- Bala Mohammed of PDP wins Bauchi supplementary poll March 24, 2019
- Sokoto guber: INEC announces Tambuwal of PDP winner of governorship election March 24, 2019