The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC has provided succour to the family of Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko who fell in the line of duty while courageously aborting an armed robbery attack on a bank in Owerri, Imo State, last year.
The commission has awarded scholarships to his seven children up to university level. This is in addition to a donation of N1million naira to the family of the deceased.
Managing Director of the commission, Mr. Nsima Ekere, announced this after receiving the Public Service Award at the Sun Awards in Lagos. The awards also honoured late sergeant Iboko as Nigerian Hero of the Year.
- Bayelsa Assembly: PDP wins additional seat March 24, 2019
- PDP forms majority in Adamawa Assembly March 24, 2019
- Samuel Ortom of PDP declared winner of Benue governorship election March 24, 2019
- Bala Mohammed of PDP wins Bauchi supplementary poll March 24, 2019
- Sokoto guber: INEC announces Tambuwal of PDP winner of governorship election March 24, 2019