BBC presenter Mike Bushell suffered the hilarious misfortune of falling into a swimming pool live on air this morning.
The fall came mere seconds before Mike warned he had to be “very careful” not to get his sound pack wet as they sat with their feet dipped in the water.
“Congratulations,” he told the sports stars who are currently competing in the Commonwealth Games, before slipping and shouting: “Whoops, I didn’t see the step.”
Ben Proud and James Guy were even seen holding their hands to their faces following the blunder.
And it wasn’t only the athletes who burst into laughter, as viewers shared their glee on social media.
“This delighted my son so much he watched it 4 times. The best bit was Mike Bushell then having to continue the interviews pretty much nose to nose,” one quipped.
One viewer laughed: “Classic Mike Bushell. He literally said he’d have to be careful not to get his sound pack wet moments beforehand…”
Others commended Mike’s ability to quickly regain his composure despite the embarrassing moment, branding the reporter “a true professional”.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019