Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho has lambasted his players for handing Manchester City rivals the Premier League title.
Mourinho said the attitude of his players had changed following their victory over Manchester City last weekend.
United suffered a 1-0 defeat to West Brom on Sunday evening – a result which handed City the Premier League title.
Jay Rodriguez headed home the only goal of the game to keep their faint relegation survival hopes alive.
Mourinho told reporters, “I won eight titles and I am not on the moon because I won against Manchester City.
“I saw lots of people over the moon because we won against City.
“You could see the difference in the attitude to players compared to last week.
“We deserve to be punished, but the defeat was too heavy.”
Asked if he was frustrated because City won the title on the back of United’s loss, the Portuguese said, “I have won titles, I would not be happy if someone said I won title because someone lost a match.
Hide quoted text
“City won the title because they won more points than everyone else, not tell City they won title because United did not win, it is not fair on them.”
- Bayelsa Assembly: PDP wins additional seat March 24, 2019
- PDP forms majority in Adamawa Assembly March 24, 2019
- Samuel Ortom of PDP declared winner of Benue governorship election March 24, 2019
- Bala Mohammed of PDP wins Bauchi supplementary poll March 24, 2019
- Sokoto guber: INEC announces Tambuwal of PDP winner of governorship election March 24, 2019