Champions League Final – Liverpool booked a Champions League final meeting with Real Madrid after beating Roma 7-6 on aggregate in the semi-finals on Wednesday despite losing a breathless second leg at the Stadio Olimpico.
After a 5-2 first-leg win last week, a 4-2 defeat on the night could not prevent the five-time champions from reaching their first final since 2007.
Jurgen Klopp’s men built on their Anfield victory with first-half strikes from Sadio Mane and Georginio Wijnaldum sandwiching an unfortunate James Milner own goal.
Needing four unanswered goals to force extra time, Roma piled on the pressure in the second half, but failed to repeat their incredible quarter-final comeback against Barcelona despite Edin Dzeko finding the net and a late double from Radja Nainggolan.
Liverpool will take on holders Real in the final at Kiev’s Olympic Stadium on May 26 in a repeat of the 1981 decider which the English side won 1-0.
- Reality star Erica Mena’s ex-boyfriend Cliff Dixon shot & killed in Atlanta March 21, 2019
- Latasha Ngwube shares video from a ‘waxing’ session of her private part March 21, 2019
- Porsha Williams flaunts her baby bump in stunning bikini photos March 21, 2019
- Singer Amara La Negra shows off her backside in snakeskin bodysuit (Photos) March 21, 2019
- Doctor sedates, rapes, married patient in Sokoto March 21, 2019