Real Madrid and Portuguese superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly accepted a two-year suspended jail sentence and fined €18.8m after to end his tax evasion case.
Spanish newspaper El Mundo reported on Friday that Ronaldo, who is currently with the Portuguese national team at the World Cup in Russia, agreed to pay the large fine regarding four tax offences, as well as a two-year jail sentence.
BREAKING: Cristiano Ronaldo has been handed a suspended prison sentence for tax fraud, but will serve no jail time pic.twitter.com/pBMSCYPp15
— B/R Football (@brfootball) 15 June 2018
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner had been accused of defrauding the Spanish government of £12.9m by prosecutors, and at that time he denied all allegations when he appeared in Spanish court last summer.
But as part of the deal, Ronaldo is reported to have pleaded guilty to the offences and agreed to pay back the alleged evaded fee, plus additional fines and interest.
The report also claims that the sanction will be signed off once the required parties including the new director of the Spanish Tax Agency, affix their signatures.
- 25th March 2019 Rhapsody of Realities Devotional March 24, 2019
- APC rejects Sokoto Governorship election results March 24, 2019
- Teen girl who raped her friend’s 4-year-old brother reveals why she did it March 24, 2019
- Emmanuel Amuneke makes history as Tanzania return to Afcon stage after 39-year wait March 24, 2019
- Actress Daniella Okeke flaunts her massive backside in new photos March 24, 2019