Popular Nigerian female drummer Aralola Olumuyiwa, also known as Ara, has mentioned that she was planning to feature the late Ras Kimono in a new song before death snatched him away.
In an interview with NAN, Ara said that the ‘collabo’ would have included Majek Fashek and other reggae musicians.
Ara said this while expressing her shock over the death of the Reggae Rastaman.
“I was still planning a collaboration with Ras Kimono, Majek Fashek and other reggae musicians.
“When I discussed it with him, he told me to wait for him to return from his trip to the United States of America but he never went.
“ His death hits me badly because he was such a humble and kind hearted fellow. May his soul rest in perfect peace,” she said
Ara added that the repercussion of procrastination had now dawned on her as she would not be able to perform alongside Ras Kimono in the `collabo’.
She said that this was because the Reggae musician had bid the world farewell unannounced.
Ara also said that she met Ras Kimono last week at Sir Shina Peter’s 60th birthday bash and he was looking good.
“I am completely down and surprised because I saw him last week looking healthy only to wake up from my siesta yesterday to hear of his death.
“My condolences to the family and pray that God fills that huge gap his death had created for them and for us in the music industry, ’’ she said.
Ukeleke Elumelu, popularly known as Ras Kimono, 60, died on Sunday in Lagos after a brief illness.
- Rhapsody of Realities 22 February 2019 – Endless Prosperity February 21, 2019
- Open Heaven 22 February 2019 – The Blessedness of being Forgiven February 21, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 22 February 2019 – Futility Of Worldly Wisdom February 21, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 22 February 2019 Devotional – He Holds Our Hand February 21, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 22 February 2019 – The Enemy Deceives Us Scripture February 21, 2019