60-year-old father remanded for turning his 12-year-old daughter into his sex slave in Lagos
An Ikeja Magistrates’ court on Thursday remanded one Amusat Ashiru, a 60-year-old bus driver who allegedly defiled his 12-year-old daughter in Lagos.
Ashiru, who resides at Orisunbare, Shasha, allegedly turned his daughter into a sex machine after she moved in with him 3 months ago following his divorce from her mother.
The Magistrate, Mrs B.O. Osunsanmi, who refused to take the plea of the accused, said he should be kept behind bars pending advice from the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Daily Post reports.
The Police Prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, told the court that, the accused committed the offence sometime in May at his residence and the sexual abuse happened multiple times.
“The girl, who has been staying with his uncle since her parents separated, decided to live with her father.
“She moved into her father’s house three months ago and since that day, her father had turned her into a sex machine,’’ Ayorinde is quoted as saying.
Ayorinde said the girl could no longer tolerate her father’s constant sexual demands so she ran away from home and was begging people to house her in their homes.
“A good Samaritan, who met her on the road begging for where to sleep, interrogated her and she told her what her father has been doing to her.
“The woman reported the case to the police and the accused was arrested,” the prosecutor said.
The offence contravened Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The case was adjourned until Aug. 6 for mention.
- Women take to the streets to protest the renewed political violence in Kogi February 16, 2019
- Buhari departs Katsina, arrives Abuja following election postponement (photos) February 16, 2019
- Breaking: Boko Haram attacks Maiduguri mosque, kills 11 February 16, 2019
- Actress Regina Daniels displays cleavage in braless photos February 16, 2019
- Regina Daniels shows off her new whip, a Mercedes-Benz ML350 (Photos) February 16, 2019