Cameroon’s President Biya declares intention to run for 7th term
President Paul Biya of Cameroon has announced that he will be seeking a 7th term in office.
The 85-year-old Cameroonian president came to power in 1982 when his predecessor retired. He has been in office for 36 years. He announced his intention to seek another via his official twitter handle.
“I am willing to respond positively to your overwhelming calls. I will stand as Your Candidate in the upcoming presidential election,” his official twitter handle stated
The presidential election will hold on October 7th.
- Women take to the streets to protest the renewed political violence in Kogi February 16, 2019
- Buhari departs Katsina, arrives Abuja following election postponement (photos) February 16, 2019
- Breaking: Boko Haram attacks Maiduguri mosque, kills 11 February 16, 2019
- Actress Regina Daniels displays cleavage in braless photos February 16, 2019
- Regina Daniels shows off her new whip, a Mercedes-Benz ML350 (Photos) February 16, 2019