A Federal High Court sitting at the Wawa Cantonment in Kainji, Niger State has sentenced 113 Boko Haram members to jail over their involvement in terrorism.
According to reports, the suspects were found guilty on charges of membership of Boko Haram group, concealing information vital to security agencies, providing support to the sect, participating in acts of terrorism, which resulted in the deaths of many persons.
Zainab Idris, wife of Boko Haram commander, Babawo Idris (pictured) was sentenced to four years imprisonment.
Zainab was arrested in 2014 with her two children, while on her way to join her husband in Sambisa forest.
Her husband, popularly known as Idoko or Nagada was number 156 on the military’s wanted list before his arrest last September in Ondo State.
The court however held that since she had been held in custody since 2014, she should be taken to the rehabilitation centre for de-radicalisation and skills training.
One of the suspects, Kabiru Mohammed from Kaban-Magadan, in Funtua, Katsina State was sentenced to 30 years imprisonment for receiving training in the use of explosive and other terrorism items for attacks in Bama, Konduga, Baga in Borno State and Damaturu in Yobe State, which caused deaths of people.
Source: Daily Trust
- Burna Boy and Stefflon Don in new loved up video February 17, 2019
- Pope defrocks Cardinal Theodore McCarrick over sex abuse allegations February 17, 2019
- BBNaija’s Khloe offers accommodation to stranded youth corpers around Lekki February 17, 2019
- Don’t vote for Buhari, he looks sick – Afia Schwarzenegger tells Nigerians February 17, 2019
- Man fights PHCN official with machete over light disconnection in Lagos (Watch Video) February 17, 2019