How to choose a ripe Watermelon
Many people have no idea how to select a watermelon. They just knock on this over-sized fruit as if they know what they are doing, it may be good to use, but is it difficult to master the knocking technique. Sometimes we think that unless you’re an experienced farmer, buying a juicy, tasty, fully ripe, and sweet watermelon is hit or miss. However, it doesn’t have to be if you look for a few things when you’re picking out your melon. In fact, you can tell whether a watermelon is ripe without actually cutting it.
Today, we would like to share some tips from experienced farmers that will help you to choose the finest watermelon ever. Enjoy!
1. Look for “webbing”: These web-like brown spots on the watermelon mean that bees touched the pollinating parts of the flower many times. The more pollination, the sweeter the fruit is.
2. Look for the field spot: The yellow spot, known as the field spot, is the place where the watermelon rested on the ground. Ripe watermelons always have creamy yellow or even orange-yellow spots, not white.
3. Pay attention to the size: It is better to choose neither the largest nor the smallest watermelon. Select an average-sized fruit. And note, please: large or small, the watermelon should feel heavy for its size.
4. ’Boy’ and ’girl’ Watermelons: Many people do not know that farmers differentiate watermelons by gender. For example, ’boys’ are bigger, have an elongated shape, and a watery taste. The ’girls’ have a rounded shape and are very sweet.
5. Inspect the tail: A dried tail indicates that the watermelon is ripe. However, if the tail is green, it probably means that the watermelon was picked too soon and will not be ripe.
Source: Mak-Migro FARMS LTD
Harrysong hospitalized after food poisoning in Ghana
Nigerian singer, Harrysong has been hospitalized after food poisoning in Ghana. Harrysong who is currently in Ghana has been hospitalized...
Zodwa Wabantu says her fiancee will take her surname after marriage
Popular South African pantless dancer, Zodwa Wabantu has revealed that her fiance, Ntobeko Linda will bear her surname after they...
Censor Board set up panels to analyse Bobrisky’s new movie and may ban it
The National Film and Video Censors Board has set up three panels to analyse a new movie starring popular Nigerian...
Game of Thrones finale draws staggering 19.3 million viewers
The finale of “Game of Thrones” drew a staggering 19.3 million viewers in the US Sunday evening, cementing the fantasy...
- Group urges Buhari re-appoint Lai Mohammmed May 26, 2019
- FG’s N500bn SIP has failed in the North, says Aisha Buhari May 26, 2019
- Gov. Okorocha in trouble as Court orders INEC not to issue certificate of returns May 26, 2019
- My Golden Home 27 May – 2 June 2019 Teasers – Zee World May 26, 2019
- Twist of Fate 31 May 2019 Update – Zee World May 26, 2019