Ambassador James Barka, a former acting governor of Adamawa State and ally of Governor Umaru Jibrilla has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress.
Adamawa is the country home of a 2019 presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar.
While renouncing his membership of the APC, Barka also cracked his ties with the state governor on account of what he termed as ‘lack of integrity.’
Barka explained that his planned defection to PDP was “because of its plethora of failed promises and lack of credible leadership”.
The former Nigerian ambassador to Malaysia was also a member of the Presidential Committee on Northeast Initiative (PCNI).
Stating his reason for leaving the party, the former Adamawa State acting governor lamented his neglect by the party and the governor’s lack of integrity.
He said, “People should have integrity. When you say A, it should be A.
“When you say, Chairman let’s meet tomorrow by 11am; it should be so”.
He added, “This is a government I helped to build, spending my resources and time, but today they hardly recognise whether we exist at all”.
Barka’s defection to the PDP on Friday was announced when the Adamawa State PDP chairman and other party leaders visited him at his residence in Yola.
“APC has failed Nigerians in a number of ways. We left the PDP in 2014 because of impunity but surprisingly, APC has become worse when it comes to impunity”, Barka said.
- Breaking: Many declared missing as herdsmen strike in Benue February 22, 2019
- Lagos high court orders Jay-Jay Okocha arrest February 22, 2019
- Blac Chyna blasts Soulja Boy, calls him a clout chaser February 22, 2019
- Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche releases new single ‘Oh Prince of Peace’ [DOWNLOAD] February 22, 2019
- Senior chief pilot filmed sleeping at controls of plane (video) February 22, 2019