- Nine people including seven kids die as migrant boat sinks off the coast of Turkey
This morning, at least nine migrants including seven children died after their boat sank off the western coast of Turkey.
Four people were rescued by the Turkish coast guard after the boat destined for Greece and carrying mostly Iraqi migrants sank off the Turkish holiday resort town of Kusadasi, the state-run Anadolu news agency reported.
The Initial testimony of the migrants suggested there were no others missing, according to the news agency. Only one migrant was a Syrian national and the remaining were Iraqis, it added. The nine dead were all Iraqi nationals.
Turkey has been one of the main routes for migrants and refugees fleeing Syria and other trouble spots like Afghanistan and Iraq but numbers have fallen since the peak of 2015. More than a million people, many fleeing the war in Syria, crossed to European Union member Greece from Turkey in 2015 after the onset of the bloc’s worst migration crisis since World War II.
- Rhapsody of Realities 22 February 2019 – Endless Prosperity February 21, 2019
- Open Heaven 22 February 2019 – The Blessedness of being Forgiven February 21, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 22 February 2019 – Futility Of Worldly Wisdom February 21, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 22 February 2019 Devotional – He Holds Our Hand February 21, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 22 February 2019 – The Enemy Deceives Us Scripture February 21, 2019