Legendary ‘Star Trek’ icon, Nichelle Nichols has been diagnosed with dementia and the disease has progressed. According to documents filed in Nichelle’s conservatorship, Dr. Meena Makhijani who specializes in osteopathic medicine says Nichols has been a patient of hers for the last 2-3 years and she has “moderate progressive dementia.”
Makhijani gives details of the severity of the disease by rating various cognitive functions saying Nichols has major impairment of her short-term memory and moderate impairment of understanding abstract concepts, sense of time, place and immediate recall.
On the bright side, the doctor says there’s no apparent impairment for things like long-term memory, orientation of her body, comprehension, verbal communication, concentration, recognition of familiar people, as well as ability to reason logically and plan actions.
- Breaking: Many declared missing as herdsmen strike in Benue February 22, 2019
- Lagos high court orders Jay-Jay Okocha arrest February 22, 2019
- Blac Chyna blasts Soulja Boy, calls him a clout chaser February 22, 2019
- Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche releases new single ‘Oh Prince of Peace’ [DOWNLOAD] February 22, 2019
- Senior chief pilot filmed sleeping at controls of plane (video) February 22, 2019