British-Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua has defeated Alexander Povetkin to maintain his unbeaten record after successful winning his 22nd bout.
The 28-year-old who produced a spectacular display at the Wembley Stadium on Saturday night emphatically knocked the Russian boxer, 38, in the seventh round to retain his IBF, WBA Super, WBO & IBO World Heavyweight belts.
Speaking after the fight, Joshua said: “Povetkin is a very tough challenger, he proved that tonight with good left hooks and counter punches.
I came in here to have fun, and give it my best, I knew he was strong to the head but weak to the body. I was just mixing it up.
It could have been seven, maybe nine, maybe 12 rounds to get him out of there. But the ultimate aim was to be victorious. I got my knockout streak back.”
Wembley, thank you so much. Everyone involved, Team Povetkin, thanks.”
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019