A 50-year-old man has been accused of raping his neighbour’s three-year-old daughter to death in Funtua, Katsina State.
Abdullahi Sani, who appeared before a Katsina State Senior Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, has been slammed with charges of rape and culpable homicide contrary to sections 283 and 221 of the Penal Code.
Sani allegedly lured the victim into an uncompleted building where he allegedly raped her. To keep her from alerting neighbours, he allegedly covered the victim’s mouth with his hand during the act, thereby suffocating her, police told the court.
The accused and the victim’s father, Ibrahim Abdullahi, reside in Jabiri Quarters, Funtua. The victims’ father reported the incident at the Funtua Central Police Station.
The police prosecutor, Inspector Sani Ado, told the court that investigation had been completed but he requested for a new date for trial.
The presiding magistrate, Hajiya Fadile Dikko, adjourned the case till November 20, 2018, for mention and ordered that Sani should be remanded in the prison custody.
- Mehek 19 April 2019 Update – Zee World Series April 19, 2019
- Fayose’s Easter message to Nigerians April 19, 2019
- Black snakes chase President out of office April 19, 2019
- Regina Daniels shows off engagement ring in a private jet April 19, 2019
- Schoolgirl burned to death on head teacher’s order April 19, 2019