- Armed robbers break into police armoury to steal AK-47s riffles
Suspected armed robbers broke into a police armoury at Daboya in North Gonja District of Ghana, stealing two AK 47 rifles and a shotgun.
According to reports, Police in the Northern Region have begun investigations into the circumstances that led to the robbery. The Northern Regional police PRO, DSP Mohammed Tanko, who confirmed the incident to Citi News said police in the area have been put on high alert to arrest the perpetrators of the crime.
“We are investigating to find out how the robbers got there. Whether the policeman who was on duty was there or was asleep, or didn’t attend to duty at all or he left briefly and this happened.
The Regional commander has issued instructions to the officers of Damango and also Daboya to ensure that they strengthen security around the area especially on the highways so that in case the perpetrators want to use the weapons on unsuspecting members of the public, the police will be able to thwart them.”
- Women take to the streets to protest the renewed political violence in Kogi February 16, 2019
- Buhari departs Katsina, arrives Abuja following election postponement (photos) February 16, 2019
- Breaking: Boko Haram attacks Maiduguri mosque, kills 11 February 16, 2019
- Actress Regina Daniels displays cleavage in braless photos February 16, 2019
- Regina Daniels shows off her new whip, a Mercedes-Benz ML350 (Photos) February 16, 2019