Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has reportedly picked former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi as his running mate for the 2019 general election.
This comes after the pair had a close door meeting with other members of the party this afternoon.
Insiders say Atiku made wide consultations before the decision.
An official announcement is being prepared by the Atiku campaign.
Obi had declared that the emergence of Atiku was a good sign for the country ahead of the 2019 general election.
Obi noted that although all the aspirants were qualified, the victory of Atiku showed that he was widely accepted.
Lamenting that Nigeria had derailed off the paths of development, Obi said that going by “Atiku’s wealth of experience, track record of wealth-creation, knack for identifying excellence among excellent people, detribalised nature and perfect understanding of the ills of the country”, the former VP had all it takes to restore the nation’s glory.
“Having personally followed him in the past six months, listened and interacted with him on a number of issues negatively affecting our society, I observe in him a person who has the burning desire to leave a footprint in the sands of time”, he added.
- Dunamis Live Service 17 February 2019 at Glory Dome February 17, 2019
- Winners’ Chapel 17 February 2019 Live Service Broadcast February 17, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 17 February 2019 – The Blessing A Limit Breaker February 17, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2019 Devotional – Miracles Are Of God February 16, 2019
- Open Heaven 17 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Cry out Now! February 16, 2019