Billy Graham Daily Devotional 19 October 2018
Topic: Joy in Sorrow
Scripture: In the day when I cried, [you] answered me, and strengthened me … — Psalm 138:3
Message: At some time in life all of us feel the loneliness of sorrow. Mary and Martha were saddened by the death of their brother, Lazarus, and Martha said to Jesus, “If you had been here, my brother would not have died.” Theirs was a loneliness of sorrow. The shortest verse in the Bible tells us that at the tomb of Lazarus “Jesus wept.” He enters into our sorrows.
When we come to Jesus Christ, He does not promise to exempt us from trouble or sorrow. Tears will come, but deep inside there will be a joy that is difficult to explain to you. It is a joy from God—produced by the Holy Spirit. In the midst of trials and agony and tears which come to us all, a supernatural power is given out, producing joy.
Prayer for the day: Your comfort in times of sorrow, loving Lord Jesus, enfolds me, giving light and hope in my darkness.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Billy Graham, Founder of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association(BGEA). BGEA exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by every effective means and to equip the church and others to do the same.
- Seeds of Destiny 17 February 2019 – The Blessing A Limit Breaker February 17, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2019 Devotional – Miracles Are Of God February 16, 2019
- Open Heaven 17 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Cry out Now! February 16, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 17 February 2019 – Atmosphere of Encouragement February 16, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 17 February 2019 – Our Eternal Home February 16, 2019