Brett Kavanaugh has been sworn in as a Supreme Court justice after he was narrowly confirmed by the United States Senate.
The Senate vote delivered an election-season triumph to President Donald Trump that could swing the court rightward for a generation after a battle that rubbed raw the country’s cultural, gender and political divides.
Justice Kavanaugh was quickly sworn in at the court building, across the street from the Capitol, even as protesters chanted outside. The near party-line Senate vote was 50-48 as Vice President Mike Pence presided over the roll call with his potential tie-breaking vote becoming unnecessary.
Kavanaugh replaces the retired Justice Anthony Kennedy, who was a swing vote on issues such as abortion, campaign finance and same-sex marriage.
- Rhapsody of Realities 22 February 2019 – Endless Prosperity February 21, 2019
- Open Heaven 22 February 2019 – The Blessedness of being Forgiven February 21, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 22 February 2019 – Futility Of Worldly Wisdom February 21, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 22 February 2019 Devotional – He Holds Our Hand February 21, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 22 February 2019 – The Enemy Deceives Us Scripture February 21, 2019