A student was shot at a high school in North Carolina today October 29th and the student was rushed to the hospital where he died. The suspect has been arrested.
The deceased was shot by another male student at Butler High School during a fight in the school’s crowded hallway on Monday, October 29, 2018.
The shooting prompted a lockdown and generated an atmosphere of chaos and fear as dozens of parents rushed to the school to make sure their children were safe.
Capt. Stason Tyrrell of the Matthews Police Department announced the news late Monday morning. Officials said earlier in the day that the Butler High School student had been brought to a hospital in critical condition. Tyrrell didn’t release the victim’s age or identity but referred to the student as a male.
Tyrrell said a fight inside the school led to the shooting. The victim was rushed to the hospital where he died. The suspect, also a student, is in custody.
A lockdown was lifted at the school Monday morning and parents were allowed to pick up their children.
High school student shot at North Carolina school by another student dies at hospital; suspect is in custody
Tyrrell described it as an “isolated incident”, adding:
We were able to review the surveillance video of the shooting, which was a fight between the two students.
Tyrrell said the shooting happened in a hallway as crowds of students arrived for the day. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Superintendent Clayton Wilcox said that many students witnessed the shooting, and counsellors and psychologists were available.
There were many kids in the hallway when this happened.
- Rhapsody of Realities 22 February 2019 – Endless Prosperity February 21, 2019
- Open Heaven 22 February 2019 – The Blessedness of being Forgiven February 21, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 22 February 2019 – Futility Of Worldly Wisdom February 21, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 22 February 2019 Devotional – He Holds Our Hand February 21, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 22 February 2019 – The Enemy Deceives Us Scripture February 21, 2019