Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose, has disclosed he will not be attending the inauguration of his successor, Kayode Fayemi. The inauguration is billed to hold on Tuesday October 16th.
According to Governor Fayose, he has an appointment with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC on the same day Fayemi will be inaugurated as the next governor of the state.
Speaking at a press conference in Ado Ekiti on Thursday, Fayose said he might play into the hands of his enemies if he failed to report at the EFCC.
“If I should attend the programme, some politicians may use the chance to harass me even when they are not sent by Fayemi. This will further destroy relationship. Issues between me and Fayemi are not personal. I have been cooperating with the committee set up by Fayemi on this transition. Again, I have to be in EFCC office in Abuja on Tuesday. But let me say clearly that I am ready to appear before any panel set up by the incoming government to probe my administration,” he said.
Fayose is expected to appear before the anti-graft agency to answer question on allegations of financial impropriety while he was in office.
- Seeds of Destiny 17 February 2019 – The Blessing A Limit Breaker February 17, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2019 Devotional – Miracles Are Of God February 16, 2019
- Open Heaven 17 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Cry out Now! February 16, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 17 February 2019 – Atmosphere of Encouragement February 16, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 17 February 2019 – Our Eternal Home February 16, 2019