Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, is plotting a shock return for Zlatan Ibrahimovic in January, ESPN reports.
Ibrahimovic only left Old Trafford for LA Galaxy in March.
However, it is understood that Mourinho wants him back for reasons beyond football.
The Swedish striker is 37 and his impact on the pitch would be minimal, if he returned to the Premier League during the MLS off-season.
Mourinho wants Ibrahimovic to bring his influence into the dressing room.
To some at United, it is not a coincidence that disharmony within the squad has become an issue since Ibrahimovic moved away.
It is no secret that Mourinho is struggling to reassert his authority on some members of the squad, with reports that many senior players have grown angry and are frustrated with him.
During his time at the club, Ibrahimovic was regarded as a leader and acted like a buffer between the dressing room and Mourinho due to his long-standing relationship with a manager he had previously worked under at Inter Milan.
- Nigerians fire INEC over elections postponement February 16, 2019
- Joyce Meyer 16 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Tear Down Your Walls with Faith February 16, 2019
- Breaking: PDP rejects postponement of election February 16, 2019
- Breaking: INEC postpones today’s election February 16, 2019
- Breaking: INEC to shift Saturday’s elections February 16, 2019