Kanye West has reportedly donated more than $73,000 to a candidate for Chicago mayor, Amara Enyia so she could pay off fines from the Illinois State Board of Elections.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the donation matches the exact amount of money that Enyia owed the board following her brief run for mayor in 2015. She never closed her campaign account after dropping the bid and was slapped with fines for not filing quarterly campaign finance reports required by law.
The progressive candidate had until December 20 to pay the fine in order to get on the Chicago mayoral ballot for next year.
“The Amara Enyia campaign thanks Chicago native, Kanye West, for his generous action. Amara’s campaign is energizing people around the city with bold ideas and solutions that move Chicago forward. We are excited to engage people of all walks of life as we focus our efforts on getting on the ballot” the statement read.
West’s contribution comes days after fellow Chicago musician Chance the Rapper, who has sharply criticized West for his friendly relationship with President Trump, formally endorsed Enyia.
Enyia started as a journalist and has since earned a master’s degree in education, a law degree and a doctorate in education policy, according to her website. She currently serves as the director of the Austin Chamber of Commerce.
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019