Rufus Daramola Kehinde has been remamnded in prison by an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrate’s Court for allegedly raping his 16-year-old daughter to death.
57-year-old Kehinde is facing a charge of rape. The prosecutor, Inspector Johnson Okunade, told the Court that the accused committed the offence on August 10 in Iyin-Ekiti.
He alleged that the accused raped and incest Taiwo which caused her death. The prosecutor urged the Court to remand the accused in prison pending legal advice from office of Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).
The plea of the accused was not taken. The Chief Magistrate Court, Mr Adesoji Adegboye, ordered the remand of Kehinde in prison and adjourned the case until November 2 for mention.
Earlier this month, Kehinde’s in law, Omolayo, had taken to Facebook to reveal how the deceased suddenly fell sick, with the doctors unable to diagnose what was wrong, and how she confessed that her dad defiled her.
She also accused the suspect of fleeing shortly after the death of the girl. Kehinde was later arrested and dragged before a monarch in the state. At the palace, a cleric allegedly revealed that if the man was left to complete the ritual process and his money finally arrived, all his children would start to die, even if they were up to 100 in number.
- Seeds of Destiny 17 February 2019 – The Blessing A Limit Breaker February 17, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2019 Devotional – Miracles Are Of God February 16, 2019
- Open Heaven 17 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Cry out Now! February 16, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 17 February 2019 – Atmosphere of Encouragement February 16, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 17 February 2019 – Our Eternal Home February 16, 2019