The All Progressives Congress says it has received credible information that former President Olusegun Obasanjo has made moves to get the United States of America to lift an alleged travel ban on former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
The APC Acting National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, said this in a statement in Abuja on Friday.
According to him, the ex-President has made moves to secure the United States’ entry visa for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (Atiku), whose candidacy he (Obasanjo) endorsed on Thursday.
The APC said it learnt that Obasanjo – who during and after leaving the office as President, insisted on Atiku’s unsuitability to govern Nigeria based on his knowledge of the latter’s extensive corrupt practices while he served as the Vice President – was lobbying the US authorities to withdraw the ban reportedly placed on Atiku from entering the US.
Nabena alleged the ban was placed on the former VP following a $500,000 bribery scandal in 2005 that involved Atiku, his fourth wife, Jennifer, and a former United States Congressman, William Jefferson.
The APC spokesperson said, “Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s intervention in Alhaji Abubakar Atiku’s ban from the United States of America is evidence of Obasanjo’s legendary hypocrisy and self-serving interest in national affairs.”
- Seeds of Destiny 17 February 2019 – The Blessing A Limit Breaker February 17, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 17 February 2019 Devotional – Miracles Are Of God February 16, 2019
- Open Heaven 17 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Cry out Now! February 16, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 17 February 2019 – Atmosphere of Encouragement February 16, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 17 February 2019 – Our Eternal Home February 16, 2019